Friday, November 4, 2011

It's kinda funny....

I love facebook. I really do. But I love it for reasons that I think other people don't really think about, or they just don't care. Facebook is a way to watch people change... and it's a great way to learn the truth about people. I know, usually people think that other people use blogs and websites like facebook to lie and to make their lives seem better than they are.... but I see truth in facebook. Why? Because you have so many people who know you... sometimes even parents and such.... who know if you are lying.

But today, I saw something amazing. And it actually made me realize something about myself too.

An old friend... who I loved dearly... who I "walked a thousand miles" for a thousand times... decided a while back that they hated me. Whatever. You know what, it hurt. I tried to pretend it didn't... but I'm not ashamed to admit that I am human. I felt betrayed. I still do. Even my own mother got upset... because she'd done a lot for this person too.

And on Facebook... not even being friends with said person, but sharing a mutual friendship.... I see this person.. and a few others who have come and gone from my life in the same way... and they're moving on. Growing up. Becoming better people. All without me.

And it's odd to see them living their lives and wondering if they miss me too... And knowing in my heart that they don't. Or they never cared. Or they used me.

And I always have thought of myself as someone who needed to be... well.. needed. I thought I'd be upset about this.

But the truth is... they are better off in life without me.

And I'm better off without them.

But I'm happy we had our time together.

So thank you Facebook... you useless social media addiction.... for once... you have showed me something worth thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment